As we wrap up 2020, we are looking forward to the 2020 American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, the largest meeting of geoscientists in the world. #AGU20 is scheduled from 1-17 December and in this remote format will accommodate over a thousand hours of virtual content to minimize conflicts while maximizing global engagement!
The theme for this meeting is Shaping the Future of Science. At E84, we live this point every day by solving challenging problems in Earth science, geospatial data processing, healthcare and transportation–all through projects that have a meaningful impact on our planet. AGU has a rich program planned around data, software and innovation and several E84 team members are presenting. Here’s where you can find us:
The week of Dec 7 we will be presenting in one session representing the NASA/EED-2 (1) program:
- IN002: UX Observation Database: Collecting and Managing User Research and Insights Across NASA EOSDIS; Jeff Siarto (@jsiarto), Monday, 7 December 2020, 07:00-07:04 PT
The week of Dec 14 we’ll be presenting at three sessions highlighting our work in public geospatial datasets and standards:
- IN031: Exploring the advantages of cloud native, easily consumable, scalable formats for downstream scientific exploitation of point cloud data (Poster); Trevor Skaggs, Dan Pilone (@danpilone), Matt Hanson (@GeoSkeptic), Monday, 14 December 2020
- IN042: Sentinel-2 Cloud-Optimized GeoTIFF Public Dataset (Poster); Matt Hanson (@GeoSkeptic), Wednesday, 16 December 2020
- IN041: Assessing Extreme Regional Water Scarcity with Open Source Data and Cloud Computing (Poster); Tracey Pilone, Pavel Dorovskoy, Matthew Hanson (@GeoSkeptic), Trevor Skaggs, Ariel Walcutt, Wednesday, 16 December 2020, 04:30 – 04:33 PT
Remote conferences can be tough to connect, but you can tweet to @Element84 or to any of us individually if you want to have a further conversation. We are looking for developers, so if that is of interest check out these postings: https://www.element84.com/careers
1. This work was supported by NASA/GSFC under Raytheon Technologies contract number NNG15HZ39C.